Central Park today, a sad day.

Dog-walking this morning, the breeze was out of the South and moving nicely up Park Avenue. We walked south to East 68th Street and then strolled over to 5th Ave and Central Park. After last night's surprise thunder storm, experience told me not to enter Central Park this morning. It would be too messy; Central Park literally melts in the rain "all that sweet green icing flowing down." This morning, however, we came upon loads of branches down along 5th Avenue at CP and that cinched it--it would have been risky, not just messy, to walk in CP this morning. Returning home to catch the Noon news, we learned that we were right to avoid the park. Many old beloved trees were down along the paths and drive. I hate this. I've got this love-affair going with Central Park and it slays me when we lose a tree. I'm such a tree-hugger I won't even let the dogs lift a leg anywhere near a tree. I hope I can encourage you to do the same. Lets love our trees enough to leave them free of dog pee.

Comments