NYC Sightseeing With Your Dogs.

Found this online and it is very appealing. I'm going to have to see about taking one of the tours (or all of them) over the summer, possibly bringing a different dog with me each time. I wonder if I can go incognito the way food critics do? Something tells me I've already blown my cover.

New York Dog Tours offers three sightseeing tours in Manhattan and they say each tour is dog-friendly. " We cater to canines and strive to provide the best dog tours in New York City". I don't think this means dogs are welcome inside landmark buildings (or even in all parks--as I recall, there are portions of Battery Park, for instance, where dogs aren't allowed to walk). Even so, I know I'm always most comfortable in groups when I have a dog with me, and, I think this could be great fun and a terrific photo-op too.

I'm reminded of the time we were visited by family from Minnesota (egads many years ago) and all trekked to the Statue Of Liberty (opened Crown and Torch) and Ellis Island. I was around ten years old and it was the first time my family (father born in Italy, both families having crossed the ocean and entered the USA at Ellis Island) went sight seeing and saw the Statue of Liberty.

It was a moving experience and I recommend touring Manhattan (and boroughs also) for families who perhaps are postponing expensive travel, saving gas money.

Now, imagine taking your children and your dog on a sight seeing tour of lower Manhattan, or Midtown, or Central Park? I'm dog-walking in Central Park every day and I can tell you there is much there that can't be found by looking at a map, one has to have walked the park to know its secrets.

Back to New York Dog Tours, the following is an excerpt from their website. I found it very interesting, and, I'm putting a dog and me sightseeing tour on my "to do list." Perhaps Giorgio (or Cybill or Cherry) and I will see you on a tour.

With three different doggie tours to choose from, we’ve ensured that there’s something for everyone. Our Central Park Dog Tour will take you to the park’s famed hotspots as well as the lesser-known attractions that only city insiders know about. And there’s no better way to celebrate a doggie day than with a hot dog from the pride of the West Side, Gray’s Papaya. The Midtown Manhattan Dog Tour is the best way to see New York’s most famous landmarks. It’s the perfect activity for tourists looking for things to do in New York or for locals looking for a fresh perspective on their city. Each destination on this tour is just as much fun for dogs as it is for humans, and all participants will find a delicious treat at ItalicMadison Square Park’s famous Shake Shack. If you prefer something off the beaten path, our Downtown Manhattan Dog Tour is for you. Let our licensed guide introduce you to the Battery Park City and Ground Zero area that few people get to experience. This unique neighborhood has much to offer, including quaint pet stores, fascinating historical locations, and the popular Bubby’s Pie Co. Our Downtown sojourn is unlike any other and should be at the top of the must-do list for anyone wanting to get to the heart of the Big Apple.

Comments